Saturday, December 30, 2017

The Economist - Chapter 2 London, June 1998. (2)

London, June 1998. (2)

The exchange rate, which had dropped to 1400 won, turned upward again.
And on December 24, 1997, he broke through 2000 won.
In the first six months after the call from father, i will receive a 220% return.
Because all of these transactions were made using the Shell Company in Bermuda.
Some people think of the oil company like Royal Touch Cell as a Shell company.
The Shell Company is a company with only Shell.
A company that exists only in paper, often called a paper company in Korea

Now my father was buying stocks and real estate in Korea under the name Shell Company

Now, when the stocks and real estate go up, I can not even imagine how many times I will have more than doubled my wealth.
It was a happy ending from investment.
It was after Christmas holiday that I realized that something was wrong.
As I said, I sent all the money to the shell company account, except for the tuition and living expenses.
Of course, I called my father when the exchange rate fell to some extent.

"Father, should I send my money now?"

"What is your money?"

My father said that he did not know English.

"Of the money I changed for the Christmas Eve last year, my money was not the money my father sent me."

"Did you?"

It was as if I knew now.
I realized in my father's tone that my father did not send money to me.
I would not have known that my father, who was thorough in his calculations, included my money in company funds.

"Now the exchange rate has stabilized to a certain degree.
Please send it. "

Compared to last year when I changed, the exchange rate was over 500 ~ 600 won.
Though the money, which is almost half the amount of money, was not enough, I think it is time to give up some greed.

But I had underestimated my father 's greed.

"Where is your money? All of the money I sent and the property of the original foreign country.
How much is the tuition or living expenses that I went to from high school to university? "

"What are you talking about? Half of my grandfathers died and I was the property that I called.
I already paid for my tuition. "

"Do not you think about the money you raised before you went to study abroad?
If you think about going .... "

When I talked to my father before he came to England, I was speechless.

"I'm sorry, you said you did not do it again last time."

"Oh ......... I am sorry for that."

There was silence between the two.
My father 's voice came back through my phone for a while.

"I'm not going to eat your money, you know, but now,
It 's a good time. If you spend 10 billion now, you can get 50 billion 100 billion. I am only myself
I do not mean to make good money and make money. "

I could not complain any more to my father.
It was my father who had not had the energy since I was deprived of the company that was operating in high school.
Such a father was persuading me with a voice full of motivation.

"Okay, I'll take a moment."

So I made a concession.
It was my mistake to think about now.
Somehow I had to take some money.
My father, who was postponing the transfer a little bit at a time,
it started.

"What kind of money? That's the money. Why is it your money?"

"Is this really going to happen? I have a company that I set up and I have a deposit and withdrawal specification.

"Are you the owner of the company? I am the owner of the company and all your shares are in my company."

"I am the director of the company."

"I have not checked yet. I have already cleaned up the company that you set up,
Owned. "

"Yes?"

"The place you set up was not taxed on personal bestowals or on inter-company transactions.

"Can you do it at will?"

"My mind is what I do with a company that has 100% equity."
"From the beginning, did you ask for your 100% father's name in order to do this?"

At first, the stake was divided between my father and me.
My father told me that when I get into trouble, I can get punished if my name goes in.

"father!"

After that, I keep asking for money.
My father kept rejecting until today, when his graduation was only about a month away.

I was guessing why my father did not send any money.
As he said, Korea now has the opportunity to make money under the condition that there is money in the whole country.
As of June 1998, the exchange rate was fluctuating up and down based on 1400 won.
If you invest in the UK for three years and finish your master's degree for the same period,
It seems to be getting a few hundred.

I did not think it was such a financial reason why my father did not send money.
My father really wanted me to finish my English life and return to Korea.
But I did not want to go back to Korea now.
If I could, I did not want to go back to Korea forever.
It was a word I could not tell my father.
I could not tell my father why I did not want to go back to Korea.

"I do not think you really want to spend a penny ..."

I realized that the time had come to accept reality.
The problem was that when I graduated immediately and left the dormitory, I did not even have a place to stay.
No, it was not a fundamental problem to go to Oxford and live in a dormitory.
The fundamental problem is that I do not have enough money to pay for the food right now, except for tuition and dormitory fees.
It was the fact that it did not remain.
I have spent a bit of money in the past half year.

"I'll have to start my job right now," he said.

Fortunately, my graduation from London was a five-digit college in England.
I was not worried about getting a job, but I needed a job right away.
I looked at the papers lying on my desk.

He was an internship worker from last year, and he was the one who gave him the job.
One report that wrote "well" on the application documents was a job that could be started next week.
For most of the students in London, JP Morgan is called the dream job with Goldman Sachs
It was place.

But during his internship, JP Morgan was a hell of over 100 hours a week.

"Literally, 'Who is going to go to hell, if not me?'"


I turned on the computer 's power switch to get tickets to the Hell' s..

Prev - ToC - Next

No comments: